Account Manager Position
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
As a Transportation Sales Representative you will use your inquisitive mindset to solicit, land and execute truckload business through prospecting, cold calling, and networking. You will match your customer’s freight with available carrier capacity and ensure every aspect of the shipment is handled with the highest level of customer service. If you have a passion for problem solving, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while reaping the financial benefits, then this is the position for you. We offer industry sales training followed by a mentor program where you will work alongside senior transportation professionals.
You will be required to effectively commute to our office location, Monday through Friday 07:00 – 16:00 MST. Flexibility to work from home is based on merit and tenure.
- Prospect, qualify, and land new business via research, cold calls, emails, networking, etc.
- Negotiate rates with shippers and carriers which result in a profit
- Source, develop and manage carrier capacity for your customer’s shipments
- Understand market trends, seasonality and industry variables to ensure quoting accuracy and proactive communications
- Act as a consultative transportation professional for all shipper and carrier contacts
- Oversee daily operations of your accounts to ensure appointments are scheduled, shipments are tracked, and all parties receive proper communication in a timely manner
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior sales, operations or customer service experience preferred, but not required
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, outstanding customer service and the ability to identify and prioritize by urgency/need
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and programs
- Tenacious, inquisitive, and an entrepreneurial mindset!
- Uncapped monthly commissions with one of the highest splits in the industry!
- 2 week paid training with a mentor program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match